Below is some feedback from my recent stay with the Bodhi Tree Educational Project
Highlights of the trip:
– Learning about the project and seeing first hand the good work it’s doing for its local community
– Getting to know some of the truely devoted teachers, volunteers and of course the inspirational and dedecated Director, Dherendra
– Singing, dancing with the special kids and experiencing the pure and innocent joy and hopefullness of all the children at the school.
– Getting to meet and know Monique. Love her spirit and can do, seemingly casual approach. I’m pretty sure there’s a lot of hard work in the background that
Monique shelters the volunteers from.
– Getting to know more culturally about the Bihar.
– Cooking with Emala (our cook). Always keep in “good” with the cook 😉
Regarding the team, food and accommodation:
– Honest, open, no fuss, practical, real. All the things we sometimes forget in our “worlds”.
Any improvements to help us be better:
I think a fun and practical idea would be to encourage each volunteer to bring and leave something at the volunteer centre that represents their home and could be of some use to the remaining volunteers. This seemed to happen organically anyway but what a fun and practical idea to encourage.
Many warm wishes Maria 🙂 x