21 Day Fiji Road Trip!!slideshow_deploy!
Road Trip | Holiday, touring & volunteering
1st & 3rd Monday of every Month (Every Monday in July)
Arrival & Departure Nadi
The Fiji road trip shows you the highlights of this mountainous volcanic corner of the planet. Of the 333 islands, approximately 75% of the total land area of the country accounts to the two islands Viti Levu and Vanua Levu. This leading eco-tourism environment will meet every divers and snorkelers expectation with its countless reefs, drop-offs, walls and channels. Fiji’s underwater scenery is spectacular and some of the finest, dive locations can be found here in the Pacific. Any adventurer would not pass up on this hidden secret shattered across the Pacific ocean
Accommodation & Meals
Accommodation is multi-share, with 4-8 per room. See below itinerary for further information. You’ll be staying in Volunteer Guest Houses, hostels, traditional bure’s and a camp site
You will be provided 3 meals a day for the duration of the program on weekdays and twice on weekends. * All meals are vegetarian.
Day 1 – Monday | Introduction
There will be a short Introduction of the Road trip program, and basic do’s and don’ts. Learn about the traditions and culture of the Fijian people and important information prior to visiting villages throughout Fiji
- Visit Singatoka Fort Hill
- Singatoka Sand dunes national park
- Meeting with the Elders in traditional village
- Experience Fijian village life style (stay at traditional
Day 2 -Tuesday | Culture/Language
Fijians are extremely passionate about sharing their culture and customs, and you will learn their language, culture and traditions during your amazing road trip journey through their villages.
- Welcome ceremony and welcome drink (Kava tasting)
- Fijian History/ Traditions and Culture
- Fijian Language Class (stay at traditional Fijian house-Bure)
- Professional guides will provide you with a list of special instructions from basic language lessons to cooking classes where you will prepare and cook a traditional Fijian meal.
Day 3 – Wednesday | Food/Cooking and Dance
Try your hand at traditional Fijian cooking classes where you will learn to prepare and cook a traditional Fijian meal with the locals where you will get step by step instructions on thousand year old cooking methods. You will also learn how to make a
traditional Fijian dancing costume.
- Cooking Class
- Fijian Traditional Dancing Costume
- Depart to Pacific harbor and stay overnight
Day 4- Thursday | Stay at Resort near Pacific Harbour
This unique Fiji accommodation boasts a stunning beach front location in Pacific Harbour that looks out over the Pacific Ocean. There are many activities such as snorkelling, Beach-Volleyball, Kayaking and others, or you can just relax by the pool, restaurant or bar in the comfort of the resort setting.
- Resort Accommodation
- Swimming Pool in resort
- Beach Volleyball (just meters away)
- Relaxing on the beach
Day 5- Friday | Travel to Suva and stay at the volunteer centre
Your next destination will be Nausori to the Volunteer Center. When you arrive and settle in, you will have an introduction to Suva and a sightseeing tour of the city and its surroundings.
- Check in at Volunteer house center
- Program Training Suva Introduction and Town
- Program Training
Day 6 – Saturday | Colo-i Suva National Park, visit Waterfall and Picnic
Saturday is a fun packed day visiting the National Park, famous waterfall as well as have a picnic on the grounds
- Visit the National Park
- Visit Waterfall
- Have a Picnic
Day 7 – Sunday | Leave for Levuka by Ferry and stay at the volunteer centre
Prepare for Road Trip to Ovalau Island to start your chosen volunteering program and partake in a traditional welcome ceremony at the village. Your road trip will take you through some of Fijis most beautiful towns and villages whilst travelling along the coastline with breath-taking views of the beaches
- Introduction to Island and Cultural traditional information (compulsory 1hour)
- Start your volunteering program on this amazing secluded Fijian island
- Accommodation will be in a Traditional handmade Bure, sleeping in Fijian style
- Experience the real taste of delicious Fijian fresh local caught fish, cooked in hot red stones just like the ancestors have done for generations
- Part take in the building of traditional Bure, where you will make use of the natural resources around you.
- Participate in a “kava” ceremony to welcome your arrival along with the village elders and their chief.
- Enjoy a local tour around the island, and visit the old historical sites which are preserved for historical value
- Entertainment and bon fires on the beach, where you will see the Fijian sunset on the horizon.
- Go on a tour trekking along the Yaravudi Mountain, Waitovu waterfall and learn how to use traditional herbal medicine.
- Why buy a souvenir, when you can learn how to make one from beads and coconut shells. You will also learn how to weave mats, fans and baskets like the one you see in the handicraft shops by the local Fijian women.
Day 8 – 13 Monday to Friday | Volunteer one week
Each project will ensure a rewarding experience and our coordinator will give you basic training necessary for your volunteer project which includes;
- Kindergarten teaching
- Organic Farming
Day 14 – Saturday | Historical Tour and Sightseeing
Levuka Fiji’s first capital Fiji’s first world heritage site experience and be part of a living heritage Levuka is a trip back in time, to a Fiji that is still untouched by mass tourism and commerce. It’s still the way Fiji used to be. You will tour this historical Island town of Levuka with a Sightseeing tour.
- Tour of historical Island Town
- Shopping at local market
Day 15 – Sunday | Free Day
This is your free day to explore and visit the many relaxation areas on the Island. There are many hidden spots that you can seek out.
- Relax on the beach
Day 16 – Monday | Traditional Fiji village experience
Enjoy a Fiji Traditional Village Experience where you will learn how to make a Fijian Bure which was used as accommodation for thousands of years and still exist today.
- Traditional Bure Making
Day 17 – Tuesday | Village Trek, Hiking and Yoga
Take a village trek, Hike & Yoga.
- Village Trek
- Hiking Tour
Day 18 – Wednesday | Visit Sand Banks, Snorkelling, Fish BBQ and beach sports
You will Visit Sand Banks on an Island visit as well as partake in Snorkelling, Fish BBQ and beach sports. There so many relaxing spots for the less active and more adventurous activities for the others.
- Visit Sand Banks
- Fish BBQ on the beach
- Beach Sports
Day 19 – Thursday | Village Stay, River rafting and Camping
We will depart at 5am from the camp and arrive in the main Island VittiLevu at 7am. From here you will take a scenic drive on the Kings Road towards Lautoka where you will camp at a local village. Just outside of Lautoka you will be able to participate in Bamboo Rafting and many other outdoor activities.
- Village Stay
- Leisure ride on Bamboo rafts
Day 20 – Friday | Visit Sabeto Hills, Mud Pool Hot Springs and Eco areas
Visit the stunning view of Sabeto Hills, in Fiji’s most pristine eco areas where the famous Fijian Mud Pool Hot Springs are.
- Visit Stunning Sabeto Hills
- Visit Mud Pool Hot Spring
- Visit Fijian Eco areas
Day 21 – Saturday | Farewell Party and Traditional Dance
Your last day on Fiji Island: Farewell Party and Traditional Dance
- Farewell Party
- Fijian Traditional Farewell Dance
Day 22 – Sunday | Preparation for departure
Departure to Nadi airport
It is the responsibility of all participants to obtain any necessary visas. Please note that the Fijian government has recently introduced a volunteer visa which has a cost of $190FJD (approx $100 USD) and carries with it some restrictions (eg. additional paperwork/approval to extend beyond 14 days). This is obtained upon arrival. A standard tourist visa applies for 30 days and is free of charge. It is your choice to advise immigration accordingly. It is recommended you choose holiday visa for this trip.