Kindergarten Volunteering Fiji
Standard Placement | Volunteer Center shared rooms
1st & 3rd Monday of every month (Includes mandatory cultural introduction week.
This project gives you the chance to encourage children to learn and grow creatively. Apart from teaching them language and communication skills, you have a unique opportunity to spend time teaching the local children. You will be embraced by and become an important part of the local community. Help the children grow their confidence and learn better English.
Police check and working with children checks are required
Due to the shortage of educational personnel, the main objective of this program is to assist teachers in class (4 to 7 year olds) with activities and share ideas about the lesson plan.
- Teach basic English
- Plan activities for the understanding of English
- Playing games with the children
- Organize dynamic age appropriate activities
- Develop students conversation skills
- Help children relate to the English language
The volunteers work on achieving the goals set out in the Kindergarten Plan, including running educational games and group activities, providing emotional support, and helping to improve the quality of life for those living in deprived communities. Volunteers with an open mind, an optimistic attitude who are curious to discover a new culture will fit best with this project.
Accommodation is within a dedicated volunteer guest house with shared bedrooms with 3-6 persons per room and 1 bathroom per room with hot water and western style toilets and electric fans. Living with other volunteers in a dormitory-style house cab be heaps of fun and a great way to meet like minded travelers. The volunteer houses are in close proximity to a basic supermarkets, ATM, fresh fruit and vegetable stands, petrol stations and bus stop.
The houses can accommodate up to 20 volunteers at a time and you should expect to share a room other volunteers of the same gender. The accommodation is equipped with free Wi-Fi which volunteers are able to use. For couples or those wanting more privacy, private rooms in the volunteer house are available for an additional US$85 per week, subject to availability.
Vegetarian meals are served at the volunteer house 3 times per day during the week; breakfast and dinner only are served during the weekends. Bottled water is readily available in Fiji and volunteers should budget approximately US$4 per day. There is also filtered water available. If you have any special dietary requirements, please let us know when you apply for the program so we can make arrangements for you. You will be expected to clean up after yourself, and to play your part to keep the accommodation neat and tidy.
It is the responsibility of all participants to obtain any necessary visas upon arrival at the airport
- If you state ‘Volunteering’ as the main reason for your stay, a “14 day stay” will be stamped on your Passport. You’ll then need to apply for an extension and pay a fee. You’ll then need the following;
1. A supporting letter – our ground operators will provide.
2. A copy of return flight ticket- from the participant
3. 190 FJD extension fees- to be be paid by the participant.
- If you state ‘Holiday as the main purpose of your stay, you’ll be granted a 30 day visa at no cost.