– meeting other volunteers and making life long friends
– seeing how appreciative the children were to have volunteers teach them English
– the coordinators made me feel so welcomed
– the food was amazing!! Especially in India
– seeing the Taj Mahal was the biggest highlight of my trip in India
Team, food and accommodation:
– the team were very welcoming from the get go, they made sure we had the best time while keeping us safe
– the food in Nepal was really nice, and it was great to experience eating things for breakfast that you normally wouldn’t eat for breakfast back home
– the food in India was amazing all the time, I never got sick of it and found myself eating way too much even if I was full just because of how good it was!
– the accommodation was nice, I felt safe to leave my belongings there
– for each of the programs state how long it may take to get to the place from the accommodation site. I didn’t realise getting to the animal shelter would take around an hour. However, it was still a nice experience to go on the public bus and walk around the streets of Kathmandu.
I hope this helps!